RetroChristian

10.14.2005

Breaking the world


A slippage in manners is obvious to many Americans. Nearly 70 percent questioned in an Associated Press-Ipsos poll said people are ruder than they were 20 or 30 years ago. The trend is noticed in large and small places alike, although more urban people report bad manners, 74 percent, then do people in rural areas, 67 percent.


Society always has a way of dealing with these types of attitudes...eventually.

My wife hates it, but I like to exact my own revenge on those who lack the civil manners that accompany a well rounded society. In one case, I was trying to get into the Cracker Barrel while carrying some delicate material, but one guy and his wife decided to stand right in doorway so no one else could pass. I politely waited 10 seconds, gave my wife a "tsk, tsk" and gently dropped my knee into the back of his own and pushed right by as he dropped. I heard him mutter something as I walked away slowly, but he didn't do anything more than that.

Did the guy learn anything? Maybe not, but at least he realizes that a lack of manners will have consequences.

On many other occasions someone will knowingly jump in front of me in a long line. Usually, not directly in front of me, as I can hold the kind of blank and emotionless stare you'd only find on a dangerous maniac, but in front of someone else. Sure I could say something directly to them, but I prefer to speak badly about them like they aren't even there just the lower lifeforms surviving on the scum of societies refuse.

However, if someone is polite by all means I will shower with manners of a Victorian gentleman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home