RetroChristian

10.07.2005

Center of Attention

A couple of years ago I attended a seminar by a preacher named Irvin Baxter in which he said that the U.N. would move to Jerusalem, the so called "international city". Apparently, he had been saying this for some time because of the scripture in Zachariah 12:2-3: "Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces..."
He goes into greater detail here.

I'm sure I thought it was quite unbelievable at the time that something like that would or could happen, but I filed it away anyway. However, in a recent speech to the U.N. General Assembly Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says that the U.N. should be moved to Israel.

Why would a Venezuelan president encourage moving anything to Isreal much less the entire United Nations?

I understand that people have been burned before by these so called men of God, who proclaim that the endtimes are happening on such and such a date, then turn out to be totally wrong, but given statements such as these one has to begin to wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home