RetroChristian

2.08.2006

The year 3000

A Futurama episode about the debate between the two candidates, John Jackson and Jack Johnson, for the president of the world could be substituted for own.

Johnson: [on TV] It's time someone had the courage to stand up and say: "I'm against those things that everybody hates".


[The other candidate is John Jackson.]

Jackson: [on TV] Now I respect my opponent. I think he's a good man but, quite frankly, I agree with everything he just said!

Fry: These are the candidates? They sound like clones. [He looks a little harder.] Wait a minute. They are clones!

Leela: Don't let their identical DNA fool you. They differ on some key issues.

Johnson: [on TV] I say your three cent titanium tax goes too far.

Jackson: [on TV] And I say your three cent titanium tax doesn't go too far enough!


Well, we may not have human clones just yet, but we're close as Joshua Frank points out:

"I believe we lost critical time in dealing with Iran because the White House chose to downplay the threats and to outsource the negotiations," Clinton told an audience at Princeton University on January 18. "I don't believe you face threats like Iran or North Korea by outsourcing it to others and standing on the sidelines … We cannot and should not – must not – permit Iran to build or acquire nuclear weapons," Clinton added. "In order to prevent that from occurring … we must move as quickly as feasible for sanctions in the United Nations."


In other words, the war has not gone far-far enough. Ah, to be young and also a robot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home